When I first started using a computer as well as the internet it I was unaware of the basic necessity of computer security. More than often users surf the web without any knowledge of their activities and the potentional harmful effects to your overall system and computer health. Particularly, with email, spam and malware.
There are free tools across the web that will do the trick if you are not in a financial space to purchase full versions of the latest software that will prevent this threats that are harmful and can slow your computer down. The paid versions are more effective in my opinion and the experience that I’ve had with them. The free version will require you to do a bit of investigation of its source and the credibility of the site you download from. Here are the 5 easy ways to protect your computer from malware.
Depending on your system that you use on a regular basis you will have to check system requirement and specifications. For Mac users there is Clamx, Avast, and Sophos are free tools to use. Windows users have a vast selection of protection tools that have free trials and paid options. The open source versions are AGV, and Immunet and many others.
- Buy a anti-virus/malware prevention software application such as McAFee for windows and Mac keeper for mac users.
- Be alert about what sites you visit and their credibility. Make sure that the site has an identifiable certificate and is trusted.
- Do not download files or attached files that you don’t recognize
- Use a different proxy server to surf anonymously to keep your internet activities private.
- Clear your cookies and empty your cache before you visit a website
- Keep your computer safe by making sure you have the most up to date security protection on your operating systems and browser.